Looking to Purchase 289 area code phone numbers for your business?
With today’s business demands and ever increasing costs, we aim on saving you money and keeping your cash-flow green with our business packages, specifically designed to fit your budget and produce favorable variances!
DO YOU NEED;
- Additional US or Canadian numbers?
- Premium numbers?
- International numbers?
- Toll-Free numbers?
- Dedicated fax line number?
- Conference Bridge?
- To port your number?
- Vanity or sequential number?
- Hosted PBX?
Call us to get a quote today!
BUSINESS PHONE PACKAGES
US or Canada Local number*
Additional US or Canada number**
Toll-Free minutes included**
International geographic numbers
289 AREA CODE NUMBER: LOCATION, CITIES, MAP AND TIME ZONE
The 289 area code is one of several overlay codes that have been implemented in Southern Ontario to help accommodate the growing phone traffic in the region. An overlay area code is the practice of creating a new area code by assigning it to an existing numbering plan area to supplement or in rare cases replace, an existing area code.
Area code 289 was first introduced in 2000. As the area covered by the code it overlaid, area code 905, was very close to exhaustion it came at just the right time, although it proved hard to implement at first as locals did not want their very familiar 905 area code numbers ‘taken away’ from them. Eventually they came to terms with the idea though and even with the introduction of yet another overlay code, 365. And with all three codes set to exhaust completely by 2025 new ones are already being discussed.
The towns, cities and villages making use of the 289 area code for their telephones as well as other things that call for the assignment of a phone number, including fax machines, ATMs and POS payment terminals covers a wide range of sizes, populations and characteristics and includes all of the following:
289 Area code Locations
- Fort Erie
- Garden Hill:
- Mount Hope
- Stoney Creek
- King City
- Port Credit
- Niagara Falls
- Port Colborne
- Richmond Hill
- Oak Ridges
- Port Robinson
- West Lincoln
Quite the exhaustive list isn’t it, and quite a varied one too. To help you better understand just what the area code 289 represents let’s take a closer look at some of the communities in it:
- Niagara Falls – The city of Niagara Falls, Ontario, is of course dominated by the huge and iconic waterfalls of the same name. The Falls themselves consist of three different waterfalls; the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. Two of them – Bridal Falls and the American Falls, are actually located on the American side of the border, with the Horseshoe Falls being physically located in Ontario.
It’s considered however that you get the best views of all three falls from the Canadian ‘side’ and from the city of Niagara Falls, so the majority of the folks on sightseeing trips make Niagara Falls, Ontario, not Niagara Falls, New York, which is in fact a completely different city, despite sharing the same name.
The presence of the Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario creates a great many jobs in the tourism, entertainment and hospitality industries but that is not all there is to this section of the 289 area code. Gambling was legalized in the city years ago and so the casinos also employ a diverse range of people. Add to that the fact that the legal age to drink is 19, as opposed to 21 just over the border in the US and it’s not hard to see why staying on the Canadian side of the magnificent Falls is a more appealing prospect to many than the New York side, and why the 289 area code has become synonymous with them and all of the associated attractions.
- Hamilton – Known officially as the City of Hamilton since 2001 this bustling and thriving city is a hub of history, tourism and maritime industry. Named for its founder, a gentleman farmer named George Hamilton, the metropolitan area associated with Hamilton and the 289 area code is the ninth largest in Canada and the third largest in Ontario.
Much of the economy in Hamilton supported by manufacturing. 60% of Canada’s steel is produced there. The largest steel company in the area, Dofasco, is the biggest and highest revenue generating steel concern in North America and one of the largest in the world.
The wide range of historical sites and points of interest, as well as cultural centres does mean that tourism and retail are playing bigger roles in the health of the local economy in the 21st century. The Hamilton Conservation Authority owns, leases or manages 4,500 hectares of green space in the city, meaning that the opportunities for outdoor recreation are plentiful. The Royal Botanical Gardens, created almost a century ago, are not only beautiful but also a crucial bird and plant biodiversity hotspot for Canada and one of its most popular such attractions.
- Newmarket – Newmarket, Ontario began its life as a picturesque village centered around the charmingly named Fairy Lake, a place where a prominent Ontario businessman, Elisha Beman, established both a mill and a distillery that comfortably supported residents for decades.
The industrial boom in Toronto in the 1950’s changed all of that though. The once small village became a bedroom community housing the overspill of workers from ‘the big city’, and the growth has been big. Back in 1950 only 5,000 residents called Hamilton home, while today 84,224 do! It’s for this reason that Newmarket is one of the biggest utilizers of the 289 area code.
The 289 Area Code and Business
The 289 area code covers geographical locations that are considered to be some of the ‘hottest’ in the Ontario real estate market and they are also thriving business centres in their own right. This means that area code 289 is one that denotes success and growth, at least from a business point of view.
Ever since they were introduced in 1947, area codes across North America have become an increasingly important part of a business’ overall brand and identity. An area code is more than a three-digit number, it’s a connection to the communities covered by it and that can be an incredible trust and reputation builder across all kinds of industries and business niches.
Do You Need a 289 Area Code?
Until recently, when a business or a private residence had a phone or phone system installed in the traditional manner, by the local phone company, they had to make use of the area code that covered their physical location, like it or not. That, however, is no longer the case. Businesses operating all over Canada and beyond can choose to maintain a 289 area code phone number without having to maintain a physical location in any of the towns and cities it covers. How can you get a 289 area code? By making the switch to a more efficient, more cost-effective cloud based Digital Voice system today.
The Many Advantages of Cloud Calling
If you have not made the switch from traditional, hardware and landline based telephone service to Internet powered Digital Voice calling you may not know too much about it, or why making the switch can be so beneficial to a business of any size, or even for startups and lone entrepreneurs.
To help you make an informed decision about the prospect of switching to a Digital Voice business telephone system here’s a brief look at some of the biggest benefits of doing so:
- Build your business phone system your way, adding the lines and features you need, when you need them.
- Choose the phone numbers that will represent your business, including that all-important area code.
- Get a business telephone system that can grow with your business. Adding new lines is a matter of a few clicks and a few minutes of your time, not a wasted afternoon (or longer) waiting for an installer to arrive.
- Enjoy crystal clear call quality that is as good as, and in some cases superior to that which a traditional local telephone company can offer you.
- Take advantage of affordable, reasonable pricing for every call you make, including calls made to locations abroad.
- Improve customer service by offering caller friendly features like auto attendants, IVRs and intelligent voicemail.
- Integrate your data based communication softwares with your phone system to create a one stop monitoring and management dashboard that can be accessed anywhere.
- Manage your business on-the-go with seamless mobile integrations and user-friendly apps.
- Improve productivity and increase employee morale by using stats and analytics to make your call handling processes as efficient as possible.
- Free yourself from phone company rules and regulations and enjoy communicating your way.
Want a 289 Area Code? We Can Help!
If making use of a phone number or phone numbers prefixed by the 289 area code would be helpful to your business, even if you are not physically located within its geographical parameters, we can make that happen quickly, easily and affordably. We can at the same time help you build a business telephone and communications system that is just right for your business, or even for your home. But you’ll need to act fast. The 289 area code is nearing exhaustion, and so these numbers won’t be around forever. Contact us today to claim yours, before your competition does.