Looking to Purchase 204 area code phone numbers for your business?
With today’s business demands and ever increasing costs, we aim on saving you money and keeping your cash-flow green with our business packages, specifically designed to fit your budget and produce favorable variances!
DO YOU NEED;
- Additional US or Canadian numbers?
- Premium numbers?
- International numbers?
- Toll-Free numbers?
- Dedicated fax line number?
- Conference Bridge?
- To port your number?
- Vanity or sequential number?
- Hosted PBX?
BUSINESS PHONE PACKAGES
US or Canada Local number*
Additional US or Canada number**
Toll-Free minutes included**
International geographic numbers
204 AREA CODE NUMBER: LOCATION, CITIES, MAP AND TIME ZONE
Many years ago, in 1947, it was decided that, to make use the telephone system easier and more efficient a series of three digit numbers called area codes would be assigned across the United States and the then nine province extent of Canada.
For the Canadian province of Manitoba, that was area code 204.
As the years have passed and the demand for phone numbers in the area has grown in leaps and bounds another area code 431 has been overlaid in to help meet those additional demands, but in the minds of many Manitoba remains ‘the 204’ and numbers with a 204 area code are quickly and easily associated with this fascinating part of the country.
Where is area code 204?
The 204-area code is currently available in all the following areas:
- Clear Lake
- Cross Lake
- Cypress River
- Flin Flon
- Fisher Branch
- Grand Beach
- Lac du Bonnet
- Norway House
- Oak Lake
- Pilot Mound
- Pine Falls
- Portage la Prairie
- Francois Xavier
- Ste Rose du Lac
- Stony Mountain
- Swan Lake
- Swan River
- The Pas
- Winnipeg – Winnipeg is the largest and best-known of Manitoba’s cities and serves as its capital. It’s obvious to most that the city was named for the river it spans, but did you know that Winnipeg is derived from the Cree words for muddy water? That’s because when settlers first arrived in 1809 that was pretty much all that caught their attention, as the land was rather dense and harsh.
After gaining the dubious honour of being the site of several major battles, including the Red River Rebellion, Winnipeg began to thrive as a ‘proper city’ with the arrival of the railroads.
At one time, it grew to be Canada’s third largest city, but was eclipsed by Vancouver and others after the construction of the Suez Canal took a toll on its importance as a trading post.
It is, however, still the eleventh largest in terms of population.
Modern Winnipeg is home to a still growing number of more white collar concerns. It boasts a busy financial district that the likes of KMPG call home. It is also a major player in the communications industry and the home of the Royal Canadian Mint, the place where all the coins in your pocket (and that of every other Canadian) were minted.
The 204 area code has been associated with all of this change, growth and a number that makes use of it is instantly recognisable as one that originates there.
- Selkirk – Named for the city in Scotland from where many of its original inhabitants emigrated as well as for its Lord, Thomas, Earl of Selkirk who helped establish it.
Selkirk is a city founded on industry, especially fishing.
One of the nicknames often associated with this region of the 204 area code is ‘The Catfish Capital of the World’.
The river that runs through Winnipeg, The Red River, still teems with catfish, so fishing for them provides a lucrative living for many locals and the fish is so synonymous with the city that one of its best-known statues is a huge fibreglass catfish that’s called Chuck the Channel Cat.
But that is not Selkirk’s only thriving industry. It is also a centre for healthcare administration and home to a thriving tourist industry, businesses taking advantage of the recognition factor the 204 area code gives them.
Why Area Codes Still Matter?
It has now been 70 years since the first area codes were introduced, and obviously, a lot has changed in the world of telephone communications since then. The demand for phone numbers is one of them.
So, does the area code attached to a phone number really matter anymore?
For many people, especially business owners, it certainly does. An area code can indicate that a business has a local presence in the same way that a postal code does; quickly and easily. As the 204 area code is one of those original codes it has a certain prestige as well, especially to the locals, as people often prefer to do business with firms that can boast a local presence.
Staking Your Claim in the 204
Area codes do become ‘exhausted’, and that is almost the case for the 204 area code and thus the reason for the recent introduction of area code 431. There are still 204 numbers available, but they are in increasingly short supply.
One of the things that many people do not know is that it is possible to choose their own 204 area code number, and not only that but they can claim for use by a business, or even residence that is not even physically located in Manitoba.
How is this possible, given that it is the usual process for a phone company to randomly assign whatever digits they deem when issuing a new phone number? the answer is cloud based telephone systems.
Making use of the Internet to place and receive calls, as well as to send text messages, emails, faxes and more has become commonplace, and cloud based calling offers a cost effective and easy to implement alternative to traditional phone service, as well as ‘custom’ phone numbers.
Reasons to Make the Switch to Cloud Based Calling
The traditional PBX telephone system, the one provided to you by the local phone company, faces a great many challenges in the 21st century; challenges that cause more headaches for phone customers than they do for the companies themselves.
An increase in the speed consumers expect their phone inquiries to be dealt with, their preference for having the option to solve simple issues via auto attendant and have their calls routed to just the right parties by an IVR all puts a big strain on a phone system.
Traditional phone systems can be updated to accommodate and add most of these services, but doing so is often disruptive and expensive. Cloud based communication systems offer an affordable, more efficient alternative that can help businesses both large and small.
The Cloud Based Difference
Considering making the switch to a cloud based, Internet powered telephone system?
It’s certainly something to consider, as doing so will offer you the below extras and advantages:
- Better Call Handling – By adding conveniences like auto attendants, IVR systems and desk to mobile call forwarding, all of which can be added to a cloud based telephone system in just a few minutes and with just a few simple clicks, allows businesses to serve their callers better while also taking the strain off employees.
- Improved Call Monitoring – Calls made from, and to, a cloud phone system can all be monitored from a central reporting dashboard. This allows managers and HR to understand just how well their communications are working, how cost efficient they are and as well as how well employees are performing.
- Build a Flexible System – Small businesses want to become medium sized businesses. Medium sized businesses want to become big large businesses.
Entrepreneurial individuals often want to quit working alone and hire people to help them build their business.
As all of this takes place, the need of a trusted telephone service increases and cloud based system can easily and inexpensively expanded, something that is not possible with a traditional alternative.
- Affordable Calling – The simple fact is that calls made from a cloud based phone system are less expensive, even long distance and international calls, and yet there is no reduction in call quality.
- Big Business Features, Small Business Pricing – There are many ways to communicate today and a savvy business will make use of them all. Text messaging, instant messaging, customer service via social media, audio and video conferencing with clients and associates, remote working and more are all being utilized by forward thinking companies.
These things can be easily integrated with an Internet powered phone system, allowing for more seamless messaging of all kind as well as improved quality control.
Need a 204 area code phone number or numbers, as well as an affordable, more efficient way to make and receive calls and more? Then we can help, but you’ll need to act fast!
Available numbers in the 204 area code are being snapped up quickly, and it won’t be long before they’re gone altogether.
Act now, contact us and claim yours now, before your competition does.